- Smitten Kitchen: Gorgeous pictures here and all of the recipes I've tried have been great. She bakes a good bit, so often I just stare at the rich desserts and make a mental note to try those on a birthday or something.
- Baker's Banter: King Arthur's baking blog. Most recent recipe tried there--their toasting loaf (both with raisins and without).
- Closet Cooking: Great variety here. I love that he often goes on a theme--for instance, when he makes chutney, you can expect to see it morph over the next few days as he incorporates it into different dishes to use it up.
- FatFree Vegan Kitchen: A Mississippi vegan? Sure! My all time favorite recipe here has been the lemony asparagus and chickpeas over polenta.
- My Vegan Cookbook: Josh is a genius. I have yet to try a recipe here that I didn't like. Get out your oats and brown rice and go to town!
- No Meat Athlete: Good posts on both food and fitness.
- I eat Food: Answers the age-old question of "what do vegans eat?" Not only does the food look great (check out the recent seitan stew photo) but she also features some pretty adorable kittens (not cooked, of course).
- 101 Cookbooks: Always beautiful and different. This was one of the first, along with Smitten Kitchen, that I got hooked on.
- Bang Bang's Quest for Yay, Yum, and Yes: A relative newbie to the blogging, Bang recently got a job as a flight attendant, so she's not posting as often. Her adventures with seitan are entertaining, though.
- Food Makes Good Fuel: Another runner and foodie; even though he's largely about raw and vegan food, he is an omnivore in reality. He managed to make a breakfast "almond joy." What's not to love about that?
I found out yesterday I'm in the top 50 Networked Blogs for cooking. I was really excited until I realized that this was just a Facebook thing--it's not like all blogs out there. Still, though, pretty cool. That got me to thinking about how I read food blogs every day and never really mention them, so today is about those that are on my live toolbar: